208 Mountain view Road, Poteau, Oklahoma, 74953
LOCATION: Central Eastern Oklahoma in LeFlore County and situated along a ridge on the lower elevations of Cavanal mountain at the West edge of the city of Poteau. The address of this property is 208 Mountainview Rd, Poteau, Ok 74953. The larger city of Ft. Smith, Ark, is about 30 min. Tulsa is about 1.45 hrs. Oklahoma City is about 3 hrs. Dallas is about 4.5 hrs. Mountainview Rd is a dead-end street with light traffic.
LAND: 8.43 acres surround the home. The property fronts for approx 300 feet along Mountainview Rd which is a paved city street. Atop the Witteville Ridge where the home is located there is about 2.5 acres of level to gently sloping land with well established Bermuda lawn with assorted shade trees and tall mature pines. The Easterly portion of the land extends down the side of the mountain with steep sloping and heavily wooded terrain mixed with stone cliffs. At the base of the cliffs is a mountain stream which passes through the more level land below the mountain. Wildlife abounds including deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit numerous bird species and other wildlife. The land atop the ridge is sandy-loam by nature and well suited to fruit, berries and garden crops of all kinds. There is over an acre that would be a prime located for a new home if you ever want to sell off any of the property. Neighboring homes are similar to the one located on this property as it is an upscale neighborhood.
HOME: This home was custom built for its owner during the year 1994. It has several features that are somewhat unusual and not normally found in a home of this price. Some of these features include the following:
1. The exterior walls are all 2 x 6 studs making thick and heavily insulated outside walls for maximum energy conservation.
2. The home has all electric heating and cooling. In addition it has an underground Geo-thermal system that assist the normal electric heating and cooling system resulting in extremely low utility costs.
3. The interior wood-work, trim, doors and all cabinetry are all oak wood.
4. This home has a 250 s.f. basement under the garage. It appears that the owner when constructed new was planning for possible impairment in the future as access to the basement is a ramp rather than stairs so that you can access the basement via wheel chair as the access ramp has a very gentle slope.
5. Ceilings in the home are all 9 ft in height instead of the usual 8 ft. Most all the rooms have various designs of tray-type ceilings.
6. Ceiling fans are found throughout the home.
7. Most rooms have indirect lighting features.
8. All windows and exterior doors are thermal-type.
9. The huge garage has over 1,150 s.f. with lots of extra storage, shelving and other features including 2 electric over-head doors.
10. Although not really needed in the Poteau area, this home has a state of the art security system.
HOME: This home was constructed new in 1994. It has a cement slap floor, brick veneer exterior walls. Heavily insulated walls and ceilings for maximum energy efficiency, all thermal windows and doors, all electric heating and cooling (heat pump) with geo-thermal assist for low utility costs. The home has 2,306 s.f. of heating and cooled living area, 1,156 s.f. in the garage, 250 s.f. in the basement under the garage plus covered front and rear porches. Features of the home include the following:
Foyer: Approx 250 s.f. consisting of an open area at the front door and then a hallway running between 2 bedrooms and the kitchen/living area.
Living room: 14 x 18, wood-laminate floors, corner brick-front fireplace with gas logs installed fueled by a propane take, t.v. cabinet with storage, 2 corner book-cases, white painted walls, outside door to covered rear porch/patio, tray ceiling with ceiling fan light.
Master bedroom: 13 x 20, wood-laminate floors, tray ceiling, ceiling fan light, his and her walk-in closets, setting area, double glass French doors open to an adjoining office/or man-cave.
Office/man-cave: Glass windows on the two outside walls, 8 x 18, desks, computer system, leather couch and wall t.v. with outside opening double glass French doors to rear covered patio/porch.
Master bedroom bath: 13 x 20, 8 ft vanity with double oval sinks with marble-type counters, plate glass mirror above sinks with lighting above. The room has white tiled floors. There is a Jacuzzi garden tub and a separate room for the commode. An outstanding feature is the 5 x 14 white tiled shower level with the floor. The shower has built-in seating with room for benches and other seating if desired and of course its wheel-chair assessable.
Bedroom #2: 9 x 10, wood-laminate floor, white walls with paper ceiling border, double closet with bi-fold doors, tray ceiling with ceiling fan light.
Bedroom #3: 11 x 11, wood-laminate floor, white walls with paper ceiling border, double closet with bi-fold doors, tray ceiling with ceiling fan light.
Hall bathroom: 8 ft double sink vanity with marble-type counter, plate glass mirror above, indirect lighting for sink. The tub/shower combo is located in a separate room with the commode.
Kitchen: 14 x 18, white tile floor, about 30 feet of custom oak cabinets with black granite counter-tops. The cabinets are on all 4 walls except for the double opening between the kitchen work-area and the adjoining breakfast room. There is an island with bar stools which has a granite counter-top. Appliances include an electric smooth cook-top, vented hood, double wall ovens one electric and one micro-wave, double black sink, disposal, dishwasher and double door refrigerator. The floors are white tile.
Breakfast area: Adjoining the kitchen work area is a breakfast eating section which is 14 x 16 in size. This room has white tile floors with bay windows and a large table with built-in seating for the table of about 12 feet in length on 3 sides of the table. There is a closet in this room that encloses the washer and dryer with bi-fold doors. There is also a desk area with storage above the desk. A door on the North wall provides access to the garage and basement below.
Formal dining room: 10 x 12, wood laminate floor, white walls, tray ceiling with ceiling fan light, 12 ft of glass door cabinets running down the North and South walls for storage, indirect lighting for the room.
Basement: Located under the garage accessed by a gently sloping ramp rather than stairs. The basement is about 200 sf. in size
Garage: 1,156 s.f. country-white painted walls, storage shelving, cement floor, double electric doors, storage closet adjoining, and florescent lighting.
Front porch: 12 x 19, tiled floor, banisters to outside open porch area.
Rear porch/patio: About 200 s.f. area with cement floor and roof over the porch. Accessed from the office and also the living room.
OUTBUILDING: 15 X 16 frame outbuilding with cement floor.
TAXES: $2,558 as per county assessor.
1. Commanding setting atop a level ridge on Cavanal Mountain overlooking Poteau and the river valley below having a 50 mile view. Panoramic view
2. Prestige neighborhood of similar homes.
3. Dead end street with minimum traffic.
4. Panoramic view to the West of the higher slopes of Cavanal Mountain and the Poteau river valley to the East.
5. Scenic land with 2 acre Bermuda lawn surrounding the home studded with tall pine and hardwood trees. Below the ridge is dense forest land, stone cliffs with a mountain creek
flowing through that portion of the land below the cliffs
6. Lots of wildlife, birds and may types of trees.
7. Plenty of additional land to build a 2nd home with the same site features mentioned above.
8. About 10 minutes to down-town Poteau, shopping, schools, college, hospital and other conveniences.
9. This home is in excellent condition throughout with energy conservation features that assure low utility costs.
10. Good fertile soils for fruit trees and a garden.