CAVANAL RANCH – RECREATIONAL LAND & LAKE - FOR SALE

Rural Route - Ogden Mill Road - 6 Miles West of Poteau, Poteau, Oklahoma, 74953

Photos

Map

* PENDING

$105,000

MLS: 35018-83080

70 Acres

beds

baths

What You Should Know

  • Large Lake

  • Fishing & Hunting

  • Scenic Mountain Views

  • Off Grid Cabin Location

  • Cleared Pasture for Livestock

  • PRIVATE & SECLUDED

  • All Weather & Legal Access

  • BOB BOWMAN (918)-839-4717

Why You'll Love It

Location:  Central South Eastern Oklahoma in LeFlore County.  This property is in a very private and scenic mountain setting about 6 miles West of the town of Poteau, Oklahoma.  This property is located on the western foothills of Cavanal, which is the world’s highest hill.  The property is minutes away from many recreational opportunities provided by the Ouachita National Forest and some of Oklahoma’s best fishing at the Poteau River, Wister Lake State Park and Cedar Lake.  The property is a short 30 minute drive to Fort Smith, Arkansas and about a 4 hour drive to Dallas, Texas.  There is a Google Earth map at the bottom of this listing with the property perimeter traced in red.  This map can be zoomed out, so you can see the exact distance from your location.  GPS Coordinates: 35.059201;  -94.733978

Services:  LP Gas Delivery, school bus route, rural mail route, a septic system can be installed, and a water well can be drilled.

Access:  This property has legal and all-weather access off a gravel county road (Ogden Mill Road)

Land:  There are 70 acres (m/l) of land that has varied terrain features ranging from valley pastures and meadows to densely wooded ridge-type hills laying along the western slopes of Cavanal.  There is about 100 feet of elevation change across the property.  About 75% of the land has recently been cleared and is currently being used for pasture for grazing livestock and the remaining 25% of the land contains timber that is native to south-eastern Oklahoma including a diverse variety of oaks, hickory, eastern red cedar, ash, hackberry as well as a nice mix of evergreen native shortleaf pine.   The land has fencing around the South and West perimeter lines.  From the South part of the property there is a cleared and elevated knoll setting that would be the perfect location for an off-grid home or cabin.  The western property line has frontage along a county farm to market road (Ogden Mill Rd) for approximately 1,400 feet.

Water Supply:  There is one small private lake on the property that provides a year round source of water for livestock and wildlife as well as great fishing opportunities.  The average rainfall in this section of Oklahoma ranges from 45 to 50 inches per year. 

Property Taxes:  Estimated at $70 per year.

Sale Price:  $105,000

Note:  There are additional tracts of adjoining property that can be purchased if you would like a bigger tract of land.

Documents (2)

Where You'll Find It

  • Street Address: Rural Route - Ogden Mill Road - 6 Miles West of Poteau
  • City: Poteau
  • State: Oklahoma
  • County: Le Flore

Map View

Video Tour

Bob Bowman

Sales Agent

Jeff Cooper

Sales Associate