Location: This property is located at the base of the mighty Sugar Loaf Mountain Range in Southeast Oklahoma in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland. The property is about 12 miles southeast of the city of Poteau, OK and 20 miles southeast of the city of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Oklahoma City is about a 3 hr drive and Dallas, Texas is about a 4.5 hour drive.
Services to Property: None
Access to Property: Property can be accessed by a natural gas lease road and logging roads. Property is located behind a locked gate.
- South-eastern Oklahoma timberland investment opportunity along with great hunting for whitetail deer, eastern turkey, wild hog, black bear, squirrel, rabbit and other small game.
- Property has been owned and extensively managed by a major timber investment company for several years. The plantation pine timber has recently been harvested off about 80% of this tract. The remaining 20% contains a mix of native shortleaf yellow pine and hardwood timber that is native to south eastern OK. Check with your accountant for the tax advantages of a timber farm.
- Property terrain varies from flat to gently sloping to moderately steep with hilltop setting providing scenic valley and mountain views.
- Property can be accessed by a dirt logging road and is located behind a locked gate for added security.
- There are several level spots on this property where an off-grid type cabin could be constructed.
- The property perimeter has been marked on 2 sides.
- Property is located in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland.
- There is a seasonal creek that flows across the North side of this property.
- Short drive to fishing and boating at Lake Wister State Park, Cedar Lake, Poteau River, Post Mountain Lake and Lake Sardis.
List Price: $135,090 ($790/acre)
Property Taxes: Estimated at $170 per year