12648 Rock Creek Road , Mansfield, Arkansas, 72944
LOCATION: 12648 Rock Creek Rd, Mansfield, Arkansas 72944. Mansfield is located about 40 miles South from the larger city of Ft. Smith which has a population of about 90,000. The town of Mansfield has grade through high-school, bank, grocery markets and other shopping convenience plus several churches. It’s just a quiet, nice, small town of friendly folks nestled in a scenic valley at the foot of the mountains.
SERVICES: School bus route, mail route, electric, phone, rural water, LP gas delivery,trash pickup and cable service.
HOME: The 1995 model mobile home is permanently tied down according to code and is in good condition. It has about 1216 s.f. of heated/cooled living area. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room with kitchen and laundry.
BARNS & OUTBUILDINGS:
1. Newer 20 x 30 metal-frame constructed barn with metal roof and siding on cement slab floor. There is electric service and lights in the barn. Attached is a 10 x 20 ft side shed.
2. 10 x 20 frame storage building.
3. 10 x 16 frame storage building with joining 10 x 20 side shed enclosed on 3 sides.
4. 10 x 16 frame storage building with joining 16 x 20 side shed.
WATER SUPPLY: Rural water service supplies the domestic home water supply. Livestock water is supplied by a stock pond estimated at 1,000 c.y. Average rainfall in this area is about 55 inches per year.
LAND: 88 acres (m-l) of valley land which is level with good sandy-loam soils well suited to fruit, berries, garden crops, field crops, pasture and hay. At this time the farm is used for livestock grazing and baling hay crops for the winter feed supply. There are a few scattered trees on the land that will provide shade for livestock, but for the most part the land is all open and usable for pasture and/or crops if desired.
TAXES: About $360 per year based on last year’s taxes paid.
COMMENTS: Beautiful sparsely settled valley location surrounded by mountains and rolling heavily wooded hills in scenic Western Arkansas. About 5 minute drive to small town and about 40 minutes drive to the largest city in our area which is Ft. Smith, Ark. The surrounding area consist of mostly heavily timbered and rolling mountains, lakes and streams with fertile valleys between the hills and mountains where you will find small farms such as this one. Because of the nearby 1.5 million acre Ouachita National this rural Western Arkansas area is a popular retirement place where you can hunt deer, turkey, quail, squirrel, bear and other game with thousands of acres of national forest land open year around to the public for hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and horse-back riding. There are many nearby lakes, rivers and streams for fishing and boating. The mobile home located on the farm is certainly livable, but if a new home in the country is in your future you could not find a better place to build than on this pretty 88 acre tract of land offering a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains (Ouachits). The location is a short distance from a 2-lane rural Arkansas highway and fronts along a black-top farm to market road for good all-weather access.
Located at the SE corner of this land on a 2 acre site is a small country church (Rock Creek Church).
1. Paved road frontage.
2. All services for building a new home if desired.
3. Mobile home on land is in good condition.
4. Excellent fertile sandy-loam soils well suited to any crops, pasture or hay.
5. Scenic view of surrounding Ouachita mountains.
6. Nearby 1.5 million acre Ouachita National Forest.
7. Just 5 minutes to shopping, churches, bank and schools.
8. About 40 minutes to a larger city – Ft. Smith, Arkansas.
9. Hunting all in the area for deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit, bear and other game.\
10. Best of fishing in many nearby lakes, streams and rivers.